One of the things that I have come to appreciate, as an active ChemPharma member, is that membership in our organization offers much, much more than a platform for transition. Don’t get me wrong, I have landed a job or two as a direct result of the connections that I have made through my ChemPharma network. However, I have also gotten a great deal more:
- When hiring, I have used the Chem Pharma member database as my own personal source of top-notch talent and have made several hires of Chem Pharma members.
- When growing my businesses,I have reached out to other ChemPharma members to identify appropriate contacts within a company with which I wanted to do business – whether they be potential suppliers or future customers. I have then leveraged my ChemPharma contacts to garner “warm introductions” to those contacts. Sure beats the heck out of cold calling any day!
- When networking, I have attended many of the numerous local chapter meetings and national meetings that have been held by our organization. Not only have I had a great time and met some wonderful people who have become lifelong friends, but I actually have learned a great deal from the various speakers that have presented at these events.
As my predecessor stated so eloquently in her letter to you, “networks continue to be a vital resource that requires cultivating. With constant career and personal demands, your membership in the ChemPharma® Professional Association continues to be a valuable investment opportunity in your present and future. Maintaining and building a network of your peers is the best way to ensure your personal growth and business development. ChemPharma® Professional Association provides you with the social, professional, technical, and educational relationships that can create a wealth of opportunities for you.”
As with anything in life, you only get out of things what you put in to them. Therefore, I encourage you to become more active in our organization. It has a lotto offer. And, I promise, like me, you will get a lot more out of the experience. Volunteering only a few hours during the year can boost your visibility within the organization, expand your network, and provide you with many opportunities to advance your career and achieve a higher level of personal fulfillment.
There are many ways to become a more active ChemPharma member. For example, you could:
- Share your special knowledge with other membersby contributing an article to the Periodic Tablet Newsletter
- Help other members by participating in ChemPharmaforum conversations
- Complete your ChemPharma profile so othermembers can more actively network with you
- If you are a consultant, establish a ChemPharmaconsultant page so members looking for your specialty can find you easily
- Volunteer to assist at an evening social, daymeeting, or evening event
- Contribute resource information to the web site
Your 2013 ChemPharma® Board of Trustees and Board of Advisors will continue to work to create increasing value in the organization for all of our members. I encourage you as a ChemPharma member to reach out to me and other Board members with any ideas you may have to increase the value of our organization.
J. Gary McDaniel
ChemPharma® Professional Association